Friday 6 May 2011

Gig Review: Against Me!, The HiFi Bar, 5 May 2011

I had THE BEST TIME last night.

Like our good friend Chuck over here says, this was one awesome gig. Everyone was in such a good mood, and without sounding like some weird hippie, the positive vibes definitely made last night a special experience.

I'll confess, I'm one of those irritating fans who only got into Against Me! after their latest album, White Crosses. I had 'I Was A Teenage Anarchist' stuck in my head for three days the first time I heard it. But Chuck gave me their early stuff too, and I love it all - not just because Reinventing Axl Rose is the best album name I've heard in ages - so I was so freakin' happy to hear it live. I love gigs, I go to quite a lot, I've been to a bunch at the HiFi, and this was hands down one of the best ever. (Well, that could be hyperbole. But it was awesome!)

Note: The truly excellent beers we had at Archive before we went in didn't hurt. Try the White Rabbit on tap, or the Endeavour pale ale. Tasty, tasty beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...