Monday 6 February 2012

It's my party I'll go retro if I want to

This weekend just gone marked the start of my 10 day long birthday celebrations. Following a formula that had been so successful last year, I had a joint birthday party with two close friends and fellow aquarians, one of who also blogs over at My Heart Beats.

I had pre-party outfit panic until one day, staring at my wardrobe hoping for inspiration, I spotted a dress purchased in the post-christmas sales and not as yet worn – perfect! It was from Kitten D'Amour, a Queensland designed and made brand that make fabulous boudoir-chic clothing in limited runs. My dress was 67 of 80. It was so much fun to wear because it's the sort of dress you know you look great in; it's the sort of dress that makes you feel good, which is just what you want for a birthday dress.

The birthday girls.

Dress from Kitten D'Amour. The first of many I hope.

With thanks to the fabulous Rachael for the photo.

We invited everyone we knew who was sufficiently fabulous to have drinks at Limes Hotel. We started early to catch the sunset and I have to say that the rooftop bar is lovely in the late afternoon sun. Starting at 5 does mean that one parties for quite a looong time though...

Apologies for the lack of photos – I might have starting enjoying myself to much to think of taking photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...