Tuesday 7 February 2012

What I did with my surprise tax return

You may recall that a few weeks ago I got a wonderful surprise in the shape of a UK tax return from 2009. About a fortnight later I decided what I would spend it on.

Whilst reading an article about bespoke bags I noticed 'Cambridge Satchel Company' and that name rang a few bells for me, perhaps from an old copy of British Vogue. So I went to their website and … fell in love.

Cambridge Satchels are of classic British schoolyard design. They are made in Britain out of 100% leather and you can custom make your own from their website. They don't even cost a fortune. I had to have one!

The great difficulty was which one to pick?! My immediate preference was for the Batchel because it has a handle, but it only comes in 15inches, so maybe too big first time round. Then colour! Red, purple and classic tan were all wonderful if safe choices but I really wanted either yellow or green. After all, when such an amazing range of colours is presented to you, you have to be a bit out of the ordinary.

Images courtesy of the Cambridge Satchel Company website.

I canvassed 3 opinions and ultimate chose … green. And it arrived today!

There was a bag for the bag!

My GORGEOUS new satchel!


I'm so in love I don't think I'll be able to stop at one. Next it will be the Batchel which can fit a laptop, writing books and girly handbag necessities. I feel a fab new workbag coming on and perhaps even a life-long love affair.

As to cost - embossing costs £5 a letter and I chose silver to compliment the handles. The bag cost £88, embossing £5 per letter, £20 postage, total of £108 which is roughly equal to $160. Worth every penny.


My birthday gift to myself and the best way I could have spent my surprise windfall.

4 comments:

  1. I love it B! Perfect for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embossed! It's so nifty and yes, I want another one already. Yellow this time.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Great choice - and would love to see yellow on you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...