Wednesday 8 February 2012

Yesterday I started writing a blog about how the relationship you have with your car is like the relationship you best friend warns you never to have. One of those 'seriously, get out NOW!' relationships. It might have had something to do with having my car serviced and discovering I needed three new tyres. I was bitter and unhappy. Kind of like being in a bad relationship. Then when I went to pick up my car I was so happy to see her and she was all free and new and the spider webs had been cleaned off, I forgave her and everything was wonderful.

See? Like a BAD relationship.

Still didn't finish the blog though. I realised I sounded too resentful and accusatory.

2 comments:

  1. Having made three calls to the RACQ this week and just got a cab back from the mechanics, I have to totally agree. It never occured to me that my car and I were in a spiralling relationship.

    I love my little car, I do. Other people look at it and see rust and sand and muesli bar wrappers, but I see fun times.

    Every time it breaks down I know what is to come, but I can't bear to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I love Jellybean but the time is coming when we'll have to part ways. Hoep your car is functioning again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...