Thursday 2 February 2012

Movie Review: The Muppets

Last night I went with a couple of friends to see the new Muppets movie. I had high expectations of this movie and I'm sorry to say they weren't met. It was gloriously full of one's favourite Muppets, it was cheesy and didn't pretend to be otherwise, it was light and cheerful and entertaining. It was everything it promised to be. I just didn't find it that funny. Which is a real shame because this cracks me up Every Time I See It!




Still, it was a good film that just delivered on what it promised and I hope children going to see it love and get to re-discover the old Muppets too. Not that the Muppets have stayed still all these years. Living on in a series of mediocre movies and through work on Sesame Street, TV specials and the of course the marvel of YouTube bringing the old classics and a few new ones to the desks of bored office workers all around the world.





If I were to sit down and watch the Muppets' original TV show today, would I find it funny or would it have all paled now that I'm discovered sarcasm and other less innocent forms of humour? I suppose at least now I would understand what Waldorf and Statler were saying.






All videos courtesy of YouTube, Copyright of the origianal owner.

2 comments:

  1. I think there needed to be more Waldorf and Statler in the film, with better jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a shame. But their brief appearance was very appropriate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...