Friday 30 March 2012

Marie Claire: Up Late on James Street

Last night I went along with my plus one in his official photographer capacity, to Marie Claire Up Late on James Street.

Fab heals and Marie Clarie at Nat Sui.

The event was held to celebrate the recently released 200th edition of the magazine and was a celebration of the Australian fashion industry. Shops stayed open late, provided drinks and nibbles and amazing discounts. There were talks with the designers themselves, meet and greets with members of the Marie Claire team - a real fashionista street party, and there were hundreds of beautiful people out and about enjoying themselves.

Shoes and booze outside Rebecca Manning and Tom Gunn.

Street theatre and music outside Camilla.

Advance preview of EP by Easton Pearson. Advance notification: beautiful fabrics and patterns, loved it all!


The crowds inside Sass & Bide.

Since I'm on a no-spending limit at the moment, I didn't appreciate the night quite as much as the hundreds of fashionistas drfiting in and out of shops, enjoying the music, the crowds and the free sparkling. I came this close to getting a beautiful summer dress from Leona Edmiston Vintage but it didn't fit quite right. So at the end of the night all I came home with was my Marie Claire goodie bag.


Though I kind of wish I had picked some of this up from The Dawn.

Still, it was great fun and I got to check out a few new shops on James Street, and a few pop-up stores for designers we don't get much of up here. There was also fantastic crowd-watching opportunites and if I'd been a fashion blogger I would have been spoilt for choice for street shots. However, I left that up to Moshpitson, who was official social photographer for The Good Guide.

Window display at Frockshop.

I don't know what the official Marie Claire verdict will be, but from where I was standing it was a great fashion night out in Brisbane and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...