Monday 23 July 2012

A victim of my own gullibility

I  am a gullible person. Not on big issues such as global warming or outrageously stupid stuff like 99.5% of conspiracy theories. I don’t believe the moon landing was faked or that Elvis is still alive. 

However, if you send me this image, I will fall for it hook line and sinker:



Is anyone else out there low-level gullible? Small well-told fibs can totally throw you off? Not always, not about anything important, just the sort of line that a few second later you think ‘Hang on…’

The only time my low-level gullibility hasn’t got the better of me was when someone did the old ‘Did you know you can’t lick your own elbow’ trick? But I COULD! HA! 

Is anyone else quietly gullible? I suspect it is a rare trait in our cynical over-informed modern world.

1 comment:

  1. Completely! I always think people are being serious, when they're not - especially my father-in-law, which is always awkward when everyone else realises he's pulling your leg.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...