Monday 17 September 2012

NY RTW Spring 2013. A non-fashion-bloggers guide.

NYFW RTW Spring 2013 is over and done and London is in progress.

So already I’m behind the times.

But, as I did for 2012/2013 Couture I am blogging a quick wrap-up because the internet is littered with fashion bloggers of all kinds who do this for a living. Unlike me, who does it over a glass of wine in the evening. I like to think that makes it chic.

I can only imagine how manic fashion festival time must be. 4 cities, 3 weeks, thousands of people descending on each city from all over the world. It must work like a well-oiled machine. If you want a little insight into how crazy the days are fore the shows, Style.com have a schedule online

In general, Style.com is a pretty great site to run through the full gamut of fashion week.

Oyster Mag is always an amazing place to read and observe fashion.

Vogue Australia has the full round up of designer shows, also a ‘round up’ if you just want to see the best bits. 

Vogue UK also has a pretty amazing gallery set. 

I can’t get the Vogue US ones because I keep being re-directing me to Vogue Australia!
  
A couple of fashion bloggers I enjoy went along: A Pair and a Spare and A Little Bird Told Me. 

Two of the collections I looked at and got excited about were Orla Kiely and Nicholas Kirkwood. 

 Nicholas Kirkwood. Image courtesy of Vogue.co.uk.
 
I might try to be more on top of the next few fashion weeks. Though London is almost over already...

Only one or two of the dozens of shows at New York Ready to Wear Fashion Week Spring 2013


3.1 Phillip Lim. Image courtesy of Style.com.


Victoria Beckham's show was apparently a huge hit. Image courtesy of Vogue.com.au


 Marc Jacobs. Image courtesy of Style.com




 Carolina Herrera. Image courtesy of Style.com



 Robert Rodriguez. Image courtesy of Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...